This term in year one we are learning about the seaside.
We will be
- Looking at the artist Lowery and recreating his pictures.
- Making weaving seaside pictures.
- Looking at what the seaside used to be like.
- Exploring physical and human features of the beach.
We still have PE on a Monday and Friday. Thank you to those parents who always make sure your children bring their PE kit.
Please continue to support your child with their reading by returning their reading record.
we plnted seeds in the pots and they grew into bean trees. i no that a plant needs water and sun to grow and wont in a cupboard, plants grow best in soil.
by Alfie King
We learnt about Florence nightingale she was called the lady of the lamp and changed dirty hospitals. She made them clean. Florence was a nurse and she helped people. We have learnt about policemen and firemen and how they help us.
by Gracie Ann Hughes.
People who help us
Our topic in tiger class is People who help us.
We are going to:
- Look at how gardeners, farmers and bakers help us to get our food.
- Look at how policemen, firemen, doctors and nurses help us.
- Plants and grow beans, cress vegetables and plants looking at what they are called and need to grow.
- Explore the historical nurse Florence Nightingale and discover how she helped people in the past.
- Recreating artists pictures of flowers.
- Read non-fiction books about people who help us and write our own information page about people who help us.
- Measure plants and weigh food.
- Look at the stories the gingerbread man and Little red hen. We will retell the stories and write gingerbread recipes.
- Write our own stories about people who help us.
- Preparing children for their phonics screening checks in June.
Our PE days are Monday (Indoor) and Friday (outdoor).
Homework is due in on a Friday.
Please remember to fill in your child’s reading record to help them achieve their 150 reads and get a free book from Waterstones.
A massive thank you to all parents/guardians, family members and friends who attended the parent events in Tiger class last term. We really appreciate your support.
This week we have celebrated world book day and been learning how to write stories.
I came dressed as Little Red Riding Hood. I talked about the setting and decided it would be in a castle, my characters are two princesses and a prince. They are going to argue and fall in love with the prince.
By Gracie-Ann Hughes
I came dressed as Aladdin. In my story there is a wizard and a Gene. They are going to see Santa Claus and the elves.
By Caleb Lidguard.
we have learnt about the continents. we were counting up in ones.
I have been learning about the world. we have been learning about sounds.
We have bin lerning abot writng instushons. We made sandwiches and cakes then wrote about them.
by Alfie King
We have been learning how to weigh cakes in grams.
By Adam Freeman
We have been learning about money. We have added money up to find buy something.
From Alfie King
We have been learning about hot and cold. We have We looked at hot and cold colours drawing a picture with a hot and cold side.
By Madie-Ann Day
We have been learning how to describe fruits and reading the story Handa’s surprise.
By Leyton Scott